Industry at A Glance
- Industry at A Glance
- Myanmar is expected to draw foreign direct investments (FDI) totalling US$5.8 billion in the 2019-20 fiscal year beginning October 1, said U Thant Sin Lwin, Director General of the Directorate of Investment and Company Administration (DICA) and Secretary
- In fiscal 2019-20, Myanmar government planned to draw investment through the nationwide by organizing Myanmar Investment Promotion Seminar in many states beside Yangon. The government was also held the seminar in ASEAN and Europe countries in order to att
- The Central Bank of Myanmar (CBM) has allowed foreign banks to provide financing and lending to local businesses that could stimulate property market’s liquidity.
- According to new regulations approved for fiscal 2019-20, the reduction in tax rates on previously undeclared income. This should bring liquidity back into the formal economy, leading to opportunities for investors to channel their money into real estate
- Sources : Myanmar Times, DICA, Global Trade Atlas, DITP YANGON